Tuesday, August 20, 2013

University of Arizona: My Biggest Dream



As I grew up along the Mexico-US Border, I remember going to the Tucson Reid Zoo from time to time. On our way there, we would pass this huge red brick structure, that had green pastures, and youth walking all over it. It was beautiful to see people from all races, all ideologies, and all backgrounds, assembled there. I asked my parents what that was, and it happened to be the University of Arizona. Ever since, my life has focused on being there, being a student, go to their basket ball and foot ball games, learn inside of their classrooms, and walk through those green pastures that still are a charm for me.
The University of Arizona is over 100 years old, and it is located in the center of Tucson, Arizona. it is recognized for its amazing student life, and relative low costs. The official mascot is the wildcat, Wilbur, along with his girlfriend Wilma. The thing that is so amazing of this, is that students feel the cardinal red, and navy blue colors every time they wear a School tee.
When I was accepted into the University of Arizona, I felt the satisfaction a father feels when seeing his kid graduate from high school yet the fear one feels when he is about to become a father. It is not easy to explain. I did not know what to do, nor how to react. There are no written instructions for what to do once a dream comes true. After that, I visited the actual campus for the first time in my entire life. It was just perfect. Seeing all the other students enjoying their college career, the fresh air that had the campus so full of life, my first visit to the student union: Pure happiness.
File:University of Arizona mall.jpg
Now, I am 6 days away from my first day of school at the U of A. I am scared off my butt, but also, I feel that life is about to begin. It is not the kind of fear one feels when facing something horrible. It is the kind of fear one feels when walking up at their high school graduation for their diploma. It is what I was wating for, yet I never really thought of what it was going to be like. Anyway, the only thing to do there is to bear down.

1 comment: